Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge: "Well, they say that Santa Fe Is less than ninety miles away"

Notes from our Hodgepodge hostess: "Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog then hop back here tomorrow to add your link to the roundup.  See you there!"

1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-

Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ

Have you been to any of these?

Not even close (although this past summer was pretty dry). But Mr. Fixit has been to Arizona.

 Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?

They're not high on my list, although I always thought Albuquerque would be interesting (mostly because of the name).


2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year? 

Oh, that's funny!

Other than an afghan that was really going nowhere good...I can't think of anything special that I started and gave up on.

3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.  

Words that have a different American spelling. Sometimes I've picked them up accidentally by reading, and never realized that they didn't fit with the other 95% of the words that I was spelling Canadian/British style. Who knew that we were supposed to spell "gray" "grey?"

4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain. 

For reasons I don't want to go into here, we do have a longterm plan of some things we'd like to do, but at the minute it's both high and dry and like watching paint dry. Sometimes you do all you can and then some, but the outcome depends on other people's choices too.

5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?  

It has been years since I had anything dry cleaned; I even washed my own winter coat last year. 

6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place? 

Canada Dry Ginger ale.

7. Do you need solitude? 

Yes and no, and sorry if that sounds startling coming from an introvert. We all need friends sometimes.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm in complete denial about it being the end of September and two weeks from Thanksgiving, and that in a few weeks we could even have a sprinkle of snow here. Just, no.


3 comments:

collettakay said...

I love Canada Dry Ginger Ale! Thanks for stopping by :)

Colletta

Vicki said...

LOL! Your comment about Thanksgiving being in 2 weeks caught me off guard for a split second. Then I realized you don't live in the U.S.

Loris Glassworks said...

I love Canada and I especially love the Canadians I met while vacationing in Mexico. I've spent many weeks working on IT projects (as a project manager) at the Home Depots in Canada. It has always been a favorite destination, especially the Canadian Rocky Mountain areas. We are a long way from snow here in the Blue Ridge Mountains of the US, so I love the autumn months most of all. Have a great week.
Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA